Paradise Car Accident Lawyer
While you probably know that car accidents are a serious issue across the US, you might not realize how the problem hits close to home in Nevada. On average, 320 people are killed in the 290 fatal crashes that take place across the state every year. More than 66 percent of these deadly auto collisions take place in Clark County, the state’s most populous. Plus, thousands of other victims suffer serious injuries in car accidents, leaving them with substantial losses. It is a comfort to know that you have rights if you were hurt or a loved one died in a car accident, but enforcing them can be challenging.
You can count on Cameron Law to handle essential legal tasks and get the monetary damages you deserve for your losses. We have extensive experience representing auto crash victims, along with in-depth knowledge to develop a solid strategy for your claim. Please contact us to set up a no-cost case evaluation with a Paradise car accident lawyer today. You can also read on for some information about how these crashes occur and what to do in the aftermath.
Common Causes of Nevada Auto Collisions
Though the specific reasons may vary, traffic crashes are the result of negligence. The term relates to liability in the practice of law, so there are certain elements you must prove to recover compensation. You need evidence showing that the at-fault motorist failed to exercise reasonable caution while driving, and this breach of duty caused the accident. For instance, a driver may be negligent by:
- Speeding faster than the posted limit or traveling too fast for conditions;
- Making illegal turns;
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Failure to yield right of way;
- Texting, talking on the phone, posting to social media, and related cell phone use;
- Other types of distracted driving, such as eating, putting on makeup, using a GPS, or adjusting the radio; and,
- Many other careless acts.
What to do After a Motor Vehicle Crash
The chaos and confusion after a wreck can be overwhelming, but it is important to take on certain tasks if you are able. Cameron Law will handle the legal process, including filing an insurance claim and litigation. Our Paradise car accidents lawyers strive to obtain full compensation for your medical costs, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
You can support our efforts through a few To-Do’s:
- Seek medical care right away.
- Use your cell phone to take pictures of the scene, including damage to vehicles, the intersection or stretch of road, signage, obstructions, and area businesses.
- Get contact information from potential witnesses.
- If contacted by an insurance company, decline to provide statements or answer questions. You could harm your interests by revealing too much.
Discuss Remedies with a Paradise Car Accident Lawyer
For more information about your rights and remedies after a traffic crash, please contact Cameron Law to schedule a free consultation. After reviewing your case, a Paradise auto accident lawyer can advise you on next steps.