Las Vegas Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucks move freight in-and-out of Las Vegas every day. These 18-wheelers pose a special hazard to other motorists on the road. Indeed, we are all familiar with what can happen when a tractor trailer overturns on a highway or strikes a smaller vehicle.
At Cameron Law, PLLC, our experienced Las Vegas tractor trailer accident lawyers can help you recover damages if you have been injured by the careless actions of a commercial truck driver. Accidents involving 18-wheelers often reflect a chain of events that include negligent maintenance and trucking companies disregarding safety rules designed to prevent these types of accidents in the first place. Our team can investigate all of the factors that led to your tractor trailer collision and help you in seeking the compensation you are entitled to under the law.
The Most Common Types of Tractor Trailer Accidents and Injuries
Tractor trailer accidents are not your typical “fender benders.” The nature of a tractor trailer often produces specific types of collisions and hazards. Some of the more common causes of these accidents include:
- Head-on collisions. These are most often the result of a truck driver who falls asleep due to fatigue or is impaired due to drug or alcohol use. This leads the truck to collide with another vehicle in an intersection–or perhaps drift into the opposite lane of traffic.
- Rollovers. If a truck driver is going too fast for current road conditions, they can lose control of the vehicle when making a turn or trying to brake, causing the tractor trailer to topple and roll over other vehicles or people.
- Rear-end accidents. An 18-wheeler does not stop as quickly as a passenger car. This means the truck driver needs more room to properly brake and thus needs to maintain a longer following distance. If a truck driver “tailgates,” that often leads to a rear-end collision with the vehicles in front of them.
- Truck malfunctions. Many tractor trailer accidents are the result of improperly maintained or loaded vehicles. For example, a truck that is overloaded with cargo may blow out its tires, causing the driver to lose control and get into an accident.
Regardless of how a tractor trailer accident begins, the consequences are often fatal or life-altering for the victims. Some of the more common injuries we see from these sort of accidents include:
- broken bones;
- burning, scarring, and disfigurement;
- internal bleeding;
- spinal cord damage; and
- traumatic brain injuries.
In addition to the cost of medical treatment for these injuries, tractor trailer accident victims can also recover damages for their lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Contact Cameron Law Today
Commercial trucking accidents often involve a complex web of fault. It often requires an extensive investigation into not just the truck driver but also their employer and other companies associated with the truck’s maintenance and construction. This is why it is so essential to work with a dedicated Las Vegas tractor trailer accidents lawyer who understands how to build these sorts of cases. So if you have been injured in an 18-wheeler accident and need legal representation, contact the Cameron Law Firm, PLLC, today to schedule a free initial consultation.