Henderson Truck Accident Lawyer
We see commercial trucks on the roads every day. These large vehicles haul our essentials to stores, from food to clothing to electronics and even cars.
Given these vehicles are so large, they can be hard to maneuver on Nevada highways. These trucks can cause a lot of damage. When they get into crashes, dealing with the aftermath can be complex.
Indeed, truck accidents can be highly complicated due to the factors involved. Don’t handle them on your own. A Henderson truck accident lawyer from Cameron Law can help you through the process and guide you through liability and compensation issues.
Causes of Truck Accidents
A truck accident can happen in a variety of ways such as:
- Distractions. All drivers can get distracted while behind the wheel. It’s a serious issue that can be deadly when driving a large semi truck.
- Fatigue. Truck drivers are behind the wheel for long hours. Even though there are hours of service limits in place, many drivers and trucking companies ignore them. But fatigue can be very serious, causing a driver to fall asleep and lose control.
- Intoxication. Truck drivers are held to strict standards when it comes to drinking and driving. They can be cited for having a blood alcohol content (BAC) above 0.04. Still, many truck drivers drink alcohol while behind the wheel, causing a lack of judgment and slowed down reaction times.
- Speeding. Trucking companies often have strict deadlines. This means that truck drivers often go beyond the speed limit. This can lead to a disastrous situation if the truck driver has to quickly slow down, since these large trucks cannot stop too quickly.
- Poor maintenance. Trucking companies often try to cut corners. They may not spend the time and money to maintain their vehicles, which can lead to hazards on the road. Bald tires and squeaky brakes can cause blowouts and loss of control on a busy highway, resulting in a serious crash.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents are not easy to handle. Here’s why you need a Henderson truck accident lawyer on your side:
- Determine liability. Liability in a truck accident case is not cut and dry. There are multiple parties who can be held liable, including the truck driver, trucking company, part manufacturer, loading company, or government entity. A lawyer knows how to find all the liable parties so you get the compensation you deserve.
- Negotiate your case. Trucking companies do not want to give you the money you are entitled to receive. They’ll try to give you a lowball offer or avoid your claim altogether. You need an aggressive lawyer on your side who will fight for your legal rights.
- Apply the right strategy. You may need sufficient evidence and witnesses to prove your case. Your lawyer will analyze your case and help you apply the right strategy.
Contact Cameron Law Today
Commercial vehicles are large. When they get into accidents, they can cause a variety of injuries to victims.
At Cameron Law, we take your best interests into consideration. We’ll work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Get started with a free consultation. Contact a Henderson truck accidents lawyer at (702) 745-4545.