Henderson Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrians are common sights in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas as people walk from place to place to enjoy all the area has to offer. Because of this, motorists need to be cautious when driving around The Strip and other popular tourist areas. It takes just a moment of distraction or carelessness for a tragic pedestrian accident to occur.
It is a good idea for pedestrians to understand Nevada laws so they can prevent these dangerous accidents. In Nevada, pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks and at intersections. However, pedestrians should not assume they always have the right of way. A pedestrian should not leave a curb and walk or run into the path of a vehicle. This means that jaywalking and suddenly darting into the roadway is not allowed.
What this means is that pedestrians do not have the right of way when they are crossing a road at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk. They must yield the right of way to all vehicles.
In short, pedestrians should be cautious and vigilant while crossing the road to prevent pedestrian accidents. Have you been involved in such an accident? A Henderson pedestrian accident lawyer from Cameron Law can determine liability and help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
A pedestrian crash can cause a wide range of injuries such as the following:
- Soft tissue damage. This type of injury includes bruises, lacerations, strains, sprains, and dislocations. These injuries are typically minimal, but can still result in severe pain and scarring.
- Broken bones. Pedestrian accidents can result in broken bones in the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and legs. Serious bone breaks can be very painful. In extreme cases, they may require amputation.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), concussions, and other head injuries are common in pedestrian accidents and can be life-altering. A forceful blow to the head can cause serious damage and result in symptoms such as loss of consciousness, loss of coordination, vomiting, headaches, fatigue, difficulty speaking, sleep problems, mood swings, depression, and anxiety.
- Spinal cord injuries. Thousands of people suffer from spinal cord injuries in pedestrian accidents every year. An injury to the spine is no laughing matter. It is quite serious in nature and can result in paralysis or even death. Those who survive often require long-term care.
- Emotional trauma. Getting hit by a car can be a traumatic experience. After an accident, a victim may feel anxious about walking around vehicles. They may develop depression and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). They may require therapy to feel normal again.
Contact Cameron Law Today
Pedestrian accidents can result in serious injuries. If you have been affected, make sure you get the compensation you need to recover.
Cameron Law can hold the motorist responsible for your injuries. Discuss your case with a Henderson pedestrian accidents lawyer today. Call our office at (702) 745-4545.