Henderson Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
We expect that when we cannot care for our loved ones, they will be safe in a nursing home. Sadly, we cannot even assume that. Many nursing homes have violations against them for abuse and neglect. These are serious issues. Your loved one’s life is at risk.
Many nursing home residents are abused by negligent and poorly trained staff members. If your loved one has been a victim of any type of abuse, don’t suffer in silence. Take action and get justice. A Henderson nursing home abuse lawyer from Cameron Law can assess your case and help you file a claim against the liable nursing home facility.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse can occur in the following forms:
- Neglect. Neglect refers to improper medical care that is caused by carelessness. It may include dehydration, malnutrition, and poor hygiene, which can lead to illnesses, infections, and even death.
- Physical abuse. Physical abuse involves contact with the patient’s body. It can include punching, hitting, slapping, kicking, biting, pushing, and restraining.
- Sexual abuse. Many people are surprised that sexual abuse occurs in nursing homes. This type of abuse involves any unwanted sexual contact, including touching or groping. Residents who are physically or mentally disabled face the highest risk.
- Emotional abuse. This is the most common form of nursing home abuse. Unfortunately, nearly one-third of nursing home staff members have admitted to emotionally abusing residents. It may include threats, insults, humiliation, isolation, and control.
- Financial abuse. This is when a staff member steals money from a resident or engages in tactics to get money from them. This could include stealing cash, credit cards, or other assets. It could also involve changing bank accounts or wills.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Nursing home abuse is a serious issue that can cause great harm and even death. A Henderson nursing home abuse lawyer can help bring about justice by:
- Establishing facts. Your lawyer will meet with you to discuss the case and begin an investigation into the nursing home.
- Gathering evidence. To support your case, your lawyer will gather evidence such as photos, witness statements, and medical bills.
- Navigating the legal system. There are various state and federal laws that apply to nursing home abuse cases. Your lawyer will ensure these laws are followed throughout the process.
- Filing a claim. If you have a valid claim, your lawyer will follow the legal processes to file your claim in the appropriate court system. The nursing home can then respond or your case may go to court.
Contact Cameron Law Today
Nursing home abuse should never be tolerated. Unfortunately, many victims suffer in silence. They don’t think anything can be done.
There’s a lot that can be done so your loved one gets justice. The team at Cameron Law can gather information and uncover evidence to file a strong case against the liable nursing home. Get started with a free consultation. Call (702) 745-4545 to speak to a Henderson nursing home abuse lawyer today.