Henderson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are fun to ride on Nevada’s roads. But with fun comes a lot of danger. Motorcycles are not the safest vehicles. A person can easily lose control, causing serious injuries and even death.
Motorcycles have been known to cause catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, back and neck injuries, head trauma, and road rash. These injuries can lead to lifelong impairment and disfigurement.
You need to make sure you get the compensation you need for the damages you suffer in a motorcycle accident. Contact a Henderson motorcycle accident lawyer from Cameron Law today and let us handle the specifics.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes are often caused by the following:
- Speeding. It’s tempting to go fast on a motorcycle, as these vehicles can reach high speeds. However, many fatalities are caused by high speeds. A rider can easily lose control, resulting in a serious crash.
- Alcohol use. Alcohol use is common among motorcyclists. After just one drink, reaction times and judgment decrease. Being intoxicated greatly increases the risk of a serious crash.
- Inexperience. Riding a motorcycle is much different from driving a car. There are balance issues to consider, plus the controls are much different. It takes a good amount of practice to safely drive a motorcycle. The sad part is that a large number of riders killed in motorcycle accidents don’t even have a license.
- Road hazards. Objects in the road affect a motorcycle much differently than a passenger vehicle. An oil slick, pile of leaves, or other debris in the roadway may not affect a passenger vehicle very much, but it can cause a lot of damage to a motorcycle. A rider can easily lose control and get into a serious accident.
- Weather conditions. Rain, ice, and snow can all wreak havoc on the roadways. These weather conditions can cause slippery roads, resulting in a loss of control.
- Mechanical issues. Motorcycles can suffer from mechanical issues that can affect their performance. For example, faulty brakes and bald tires can cause blowouts and loss of control on a busy road, resulting in serious accidents.
A motorcycle accident can cause a wide range of injuries, including the following:
- Head injury. A head injury can lead to coma, paralysis, seizures, memory loss, and more.
- Face/neck injury. Common injuries to the face and neck include broken noses, fractured jawbones, and knocked out teeth.
- Spine injury. An injury to the spine can result in paralysis as well as incontinence, respiratory problems, sexual incontinence, and chronic pain.
- Internal injury. The impact of a motorcycle accident can cause internal injuries and organ damage, particularly to the liver and spleen.
Contact Cameron Law Today
Nobody wants to be in a motorcycle accident. Even the smallest road hazard can lead to a serious crash.
At Cameron Law, we understand how devastating a motorcycle accident can be. Let us guide you through the process so you can get full and fair compensation. Contact a Henderson motorcycle accidents lawyer at (702) 745-4545 to schedule a free consultation today.