Paradise Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Even if you rarely use a ridesharing service or have never hailed a ride, you are probably aware of how Uber, Lyft, and similar companies have exploded in popularity in recent years. The global ride-hailing market is already worth billions, and it is projected to reach more than $240 billion by 2028. This increase in usage has put more ridesharing drivers on Nevada roads to meet demand, but it is not just a spike in traffic or congestion that can lead to Uber and Lyft accidents. These incidents are unique in many ways, which makes them extremely complicated.
You can trust our attorneys at Cameron Law to tackle the challenges with ridesharing collisions, as we are well-versed in this emerging area of law. We will pursue all at-fault parties to ensure you receive fair monetary damages, as we are skilled in negotiations and litigation. Please call our firm to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Paradise Uber & Lyft accident lawyer who will explain the legal process. Some background information may also help you understand the basics.
Facts to Know About Ride-Hailing Service Collisions in Nevada
Initially, you should bear in mind that these incidents are based upon negligence just like other traffic accidents. To recover compensation, you must prove that the at-fault motorist caused the crash by a failure to drive safely. Some additional notable points include:
- Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies are required to carry third-party liability insurance coverage up to $1 million to protect victims.
- This insurance coverage is only triggered when the rideshare driver is logged into the app, either heading to a pickup or transporting a passenger.
- The negligent party could be your Uber driver or another motorist who strikes your Uber.
- Besides a rider, you could be hurt in a Lyft crash as the occupant of another vehicle, bicycle rider, or pedestrian.
Legal Help with Recovering Compensation
Victims of ride-hailing collisions may be entitled to monetary damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and many other losses. Our Paradise rideshare/Uber/Lyft attorneys at Cameron Law will help you navigate the different steps in the legal process, including:
- Filing an Insurance Claim: The first requirement is pursuing your rights under the rideshare company’s $1 million liability policy. You will need solid evidence of fault and details regarding your losses.
- Settlement Discussions: It may be possible to negotiate an agreement to settle your claim with the insurer, but only when the company makes a fair offer to settle.
- Litigation: If the insurance company will not pay sufficient compensation, the next step is filing a lawsuit in court. We will handle all litigation tasks, appear in court for hearings, and advocate on your behalf at trial.
A Paradise Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Will Support Your Legal Needs
As you can see, ridesharing accidents share some common elements with other traffic collisions, but they are also more complex. For more information on how Cameron Law can assist with your claim, please contact us to set up a free case review with a Paradise rideshare/Uber/Lyft lawyer.